When I was little, I wanted to be a Knight, a Healer, a Explorer…and when I grew up, I realised I could be all those things and more for it is only recently, I have discovered that my heart is that of a Wild Woman.
What is a Wild Woman you ask?
- She loves all creatures great and small
- She loves to be in nature, whether that be the forest or the lake shore
- She feels the need to help others
- She has no time for oppressive beliefs or governance
- She believes in Equality, Freedom and Justice
- She does not blindly follow the Status Quo but questions anything that causes another harm or limits freedom
- She vows to not judge or preach but asks the same in return
- She keeps her heart open to love and forgiveness, her mind open to new possibilities and her soul open to the universe around her
- She is a person of integrity and honour
- She keeps any promises or vows she makes
- She will fight with her last breath for those she loves, for the helpless, the innocent, those with no voices or rights and for the earth beneath our feet
- She dares to shine a light into the darkest corners of the human mind
- She fears not the dark, for without the dark, there would be no light
Throughout time, there have been so many wise and wonderful Wild Women, who have changed the course of history and have handed down a treasure trove of knowledge and learning.
We must not forget those who went before us and the legacy they have left behind. The bravery, courage, sacrifice and integrity of these women who dared to follow their hearts, listen to their soul and love without borders. These women are our heroines, our ancestors, our soul sisters and will help guide us on our path.
I make this my vow, to find true freedom, true peace and my reason for living through Rewilding myself, my quest to find the Wild Woman Within.
My personal journey began in the magical west of Ireland. I grew up amidst the trees, near a castle on the lake, with the call of the Sparrow-hawk in the sky above me and the limestone plateaus beneath my feet and deeper still, far below, hidden rivers rushing through the earth.
I live in Galway city now, for now. I must admit, that I find it at times, almost unbearably hard, for I miss my home so. Yet Galway is where I rest my head at night, where I work to pay the bills and where I have made good friends, met people from all over the world and seen so many remarkable plays, films, parades, concerts, ballets, operas…For someone who loves the Arts as I do, it is a great city to live in.
One day, I will go home and there I will stay but until then, I shall open myself up to all this city has to offer.
One of the best things about living in Galway is living so close to the sea. Another wonderful thing about Galway is its willingness to accept people as they are, no matter how strange or unusual. So in many ways, it is the perfect place for me to find the Wilderness within my heart, to see where this path, the road less travelled leads me.
I feel so excited, thrilled and utterly alive for the first time in ages and it is all because I am rediscovering the truth of who I am and I am slowly but surely turning this truth into reality.
I invite you to join me on this journey of the soul and let me know how your Rewilding is going, the truths you find along the way, the people whose lives touched your own…the whole schubang 🙂
Rock on Sisters! Xx